Friday 21 September 2012

2nd Annual Spring Fiesta 2012

MASSIVE MARKETING TURN AROUND!


IT'S BACK: 2nd Annual Spring Fiesta banner
(source: www.whatson.co.za)
 The 2011 Spring Fiesta came and went. I am specifically saying this in this manner because not many people really knew about it; with myself included. I only got to hear about the 2011 event weeks after. However; the 2012 Spring Fiesta is all I hear about these days. Every street corner I take a turn at has a banner of the event. Various radio stations are publicizing the event. What takes the cup for me is how the event’s marketing used South Africa’s largest television station, SABC for publicity. Plus I must admit; every time I see the 2012 Spring Fiesta advertisement while watching the channel, I just gain a desire of being there and experiencing what seems to be the event of the season!

WILL IT ALL BE WORTH IT?


EVENT OF THE SEASON: The event's DJ line-up
(source: www.imixwell.com)
The advertisement informs us of how the event is happening on the 22nd of September 2012 (during the long weekend) from 12h00 until late, at Wild Waters complex in Boksburg. My friend and I took the time to check Computicket for ticket prices. Ranging from R131 to R1290, we were really shocked! The true question is for a R1290 priced ticket, what does one receive in return. Well for one; the line-up looks very convincing. With performances from international act The Layabouts, Imaani, Oli Lazarus from Reel People, DJ Kent, Liquideep, MiCasa, Black Coffee, Oskido, Lulo Café and many more acclaimed acts! With 4 stages lines up for more than 50 acts; I guess a true party enjoyer will see something worth paying R1290 for. For more information, visit www.springfiesta.com.



4 comments:

  1. well not a lot of people spoke about the spring fiesta makes me wonder if it was worh the rave *bored*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daz i also noticed what you are talking about.However; some people spoke more about the evnt more than others

      Delete
  2. I agree with you Daz, it was hyped up for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully next year will bring a better response for the evnt

      Delete